I've always had a problem finding
just the right place for my testing
probes. One day I'd had enough with
probes that constantly slipped down
and submerged themselves completely,
or even worse, managed to
tip over and fall on the floor.
I decided to solve the problem,
once and for all. A real probe holder
was what I needed. I had a bunch
of scrap acrylic laying around -
3/8", cast, and black - just right.
I decided that the best place to
mount the holder would be at the
left end of the display tank's overflow
box. The inside dimensions of the
overflow determined the final size
of the holder. This is what I came
It's basically just four pieces
of acrylic, glued together with
Weld-On 4 solvent. I drilled 9/16"
holes where needed and tapped 1/4-20
threads for the nylon thumb screws
- which, of course, are there to
hold the probes steady.
Here, you can see the holder
in its permanent place. Works like