The Eheim line of pumps have
been around for years. I started
using Eheims before the majority
of reef hobbyists were born, and
I can truly say I don't remember
ever having a serious problem
with one. They are very
versatile as they can be used
either submerged or in-line.
Running the pumps in-line (not
submerged) has the advantage of
less heat transfer.
Highly energy efficient with silent operation,
if properly maintained (a
thorough cleaning once every six
months or so), these pumps are
very dependable and will give years of operation.
I use two of this Eheim model
in my system - one for each
skimmer. They are used to feed
the skimmers water from the
sump. I have them set at approx.
- low energy, less heat transfer to water
- can be used submerged or in-line
- (almost) totally silent operation
- ceramic shaft, suitable for fresh or salt water
- threaded hose barbs for intake/outlet included
- optional screen prefilter intake
- output: 910 gallons per hour
- head height: 12 feet
- power usage: 80 watts per
- intake: 1"
- outlet: 3/4"
- dimensions: 6-1/4" x 8-1/2" x 4-1/2”